Sunday, August 10, 2014

Week 67: A320 Type Rating Week 6

The dreaded final progress test was held first thing on Monday morning. It was tough, hell tough. 80 questions on A320 systems which really knocked me over. A handful of questions I was only second guessing and did not even have a clue. It's quite sad that as a pilot trainee that I'm guessing and not 100% sure of what I'm selecting. I had to score 60 out of 80 in order to achieve the passing grade of 75% but after the end of 1.5hrs, I can only pray that I would not fail too miserably.

The paper was being marked straightaway, and I scored 57/80, a mere three questions to passing the paper. I was disappointed, but I've tried the best I could. In order to really do well, I believe I will need a lot more time to fully understand every single detail of the aircraft, much like an engineer rather than a pilot.

We spent the noon going through the paper. To my surprise, a few questions are ambiguous and had to be scrapped. As a result, I managed to get three more marks, which meant I was lucky enough to just pass the paper at 60/80. Wootz! I'm glad that I passed eventually, but it still isn't good enough. I'll have to do better than this for my type-rating paper in a few months' time.

The rest of the week was spent on instrument procedures, basically having a recap of what we did in Ballarat in terms of instrument flying. In addition, we went through some SID/STAR and runway/taxiway details of Changi Airport, plus RNAV and CANPA(Constant Angle Non Precision Approach). All in all, not much of new knowledge were taught, and our week ended on Wednesday.

Next week shall be the final week of the A320 ground school phase, and it only consist of a two-day CRM workshop. After which, simulator training phase will commence with mine starting on the final week of August.


No comments:

Post a Comment