Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week 63: A320 Type Rating Week 2

We had lots of free days this week, but that's only because we were allowed to stay at home to go through the CBT. Had our first progress test on Wednesday and I'm glad to say nobody in the class failed, but my score of 84% didn't look very assuring to me. There were 50 questions in the paper, the biggest paper I've sat for in aviation. Due to some questions being out of the topics covered, I wasn't able to score as well as I would have hoped.

I'll have to be very careful with all my performances starting from now on as everything is graded and taken into consideration on what will my ranking be. My rank will determine do I get employed earlier or later by the airline. There will be competition among us, but I sincerely hope it will be healthy and no dirty moves will be executed.

- Intro to A320
- Intro to Flight Crew Ops Manual
- CBT Electrics
- CBT Fire Protection
- CBT APU
- CBT Comms
- CBT Hydraulics
- Mass & Balance
- Flight Controls
- Landing Gear

Another massive week in terms of topics covered. Mass & Balance was a tough topic, taking lots of numbers and positions to calculate on the safety flight envelope of the aircraft. Pretty tedious when so many things are taken into consideration. Next hardest was flight controls as obviously the A320 has a lot more of such controls as compared to the C172. Different stages of flaps/slats, the spoilers, the ailerons etc etc all work differently.

Understanding this aircraft will definitely take me some time.


No comments:

Post a Comment