Friday, November 29, 2013

Week 35: PPL Flight School Week 4

Time flies, it's been a month since I've arrived in the Southern Hemisphere. Kinda miss home; the food, the weather, the family and friends. However, there is still a lot to do here and it's a long way before I can smell home.

The week whizzed by without much action, with only an hour of simulator to keep me occupied. Although it's just one hour of sims training, there is quite a bit of preparatory and revision work to be done, for me at least. The aim for this sim session is to train one to be proficient at keeping the flight straight & level, plus mid-level turns.

As usual, the various checklists are important and not a single step can be skipped unless allowed. My control of the sims this time was much better than the virgin experience of last week. Keeping the eyes outside of the cockpit can be quite a challenge for a novice trainee like me. The numbers and values on the Garmin G1000 kept me very well occupied so much that I find myself neglecting what's happening outside of my windscreen.

There are also many details during flying, for example, both heels resting on the floor, hand on throttle at all times, the way you hold/adjust the throttle, attitude-lookout-attitude-performance, bank angle-balance-back pressure, one hand controlling the yoke etc etc. You can't really zone out during a flight, 100% focus is required at all times.

My next training will be on a real flight in the C172S. Thinking about it already makes me nervous and I'm praying for good weather without the turbulence.

The weather here can be quite shitty

Bak chor mee! Dinner 231113

The car finally arrived. Moving around has been more convenient since

Lunch 251113

All Jacob's Creek wine at this price. Singapore is easily double of this

Went around the city, Mt Buninyong evelation 2441ft

Mt Warrenheip

Singapore building infrastructure for Australia

Dinner 271113

ALSIM 172

Pizza night in celebration with a school mate clearing his first solo flight

Ending the week with a glass of red wine by the window watching the sun descend from the sky



No comments:

Post a Comment