Saturday, June 8, 2013

Week 31: ATPL Ground School Week 31

Yes I know, I've been MIA for 2 weeks since the last post. This delay is due to me waiting for all the results to return for my remaining papers before I conclude ground school altogether.

Yes, it has ended. Perf A was 80, Radio Aids 91 and Air Law 80. Receiving such results lifted a massively huge burden off my shoulders. I can finally tell myself I did it, I survived the rigors of ATPL; the crazily packed syllabus shoved down my throat relentlessly everyday for the past half year. I'm still alive, and how glad am I.

The result of Perf A came on the very next Monday, which was quite a shock to everyone as we didn't expect it to come so soon. Most of us cleared this time and you can almost hear a huge sigh of relief from everyone unlike the first paper when the mood was totally sombre upon the release of results. This gave us the all needed boost to handle the remaining ATPL papers later in the week.

It was Radio Aids and Air Law for me, and I did not really touch them at all since a month ago when I was studying for the first attempt. Quite worrying for me I must say. Thankfully the revision was pretty swift since Radio Aids is actually my strong subject. I shouldn't have failed in the first place, I probably underestimated it last time round. Lesson learned. I studied much more thoroughly this time round, covering every detail possible leaving nothing out. The result proved itself, but it was an easier paper than the first I must say.

After Radio Aids on Thursday, I had less than 24hours of revision for Air Law. Such a risk taker I am, a very bad trait for an aviator. But then, I knew where I stand and studied much better this time, sorting out all the confusion I had in the previous attempt. Luck was on my side I guess. I had expected myself to fail it again when I realised I had a lot of mistakes when comparing the answers with my mates. 8 incorrects was all I got, phew~~ The maximum is 10.

Looking forward to flight school in Australia currently but unsure of when is the departure date, I shall take this free period of time to recharge and recuperate the body. The weather over there is very cold now which is a worry for a person like me who has never experienced winter climate. It won't be easy fighting the weather, the learning, the independence to cook/clean myself. I'm glad I have my great course mates with me and I'm not alone. We will stick together and get through this as one.


Air Law, it is so thick and so sleep-inducing

All the study materials from the very first day. 31 weeks, THE END!!



No comments:

Post a Comment